Thursday, August 25, 2011

WHAT CHEER? BRIGADE!

"We wanted to make very loud music without having to rely on electricity" 

This was the response when I asked a tuba player how What cheer? Brigadegot started. If the apocalypse befalls us I'm gonna be following this band around as they travel from camp to camp blasting the eardrums of huddled and ragged survivors.

Sunday I had the pleasure of catching What Cheer? Brigade's show. If You don't know the name "What Cheer? Brigade" then let me fill you in. Hailing from Providence, Rhode Island. What Cheer? is an 18 piece (give or take) punk marching band, that plays a mishmash of genres with the intensity of an old time revivalist tent meeting, all without a single electric instrument.. Oh and bring earplugs. This was the loudest damn show I've ever seen. 

I first caught wind of them while eagerly awaiting the release of B. Dolan's Fallen house sunken city. What Cheer backed Dolan on the song border crossing. Since then they have backed him live and opened for him during the Church of love and ruin tour.













No comments:

Post a Comment